GreenskinTM Building Penetration Seals Installation Instructions:
- First choose the appropriate size. Greenskin building seals have been sized with the installer in mind by matching the Greenskin sizes with the appropriate NPS (Nominal Pipe Size). For example a 3” NPS Greenskin is meant to securely seal a 3” NPS pipe.
- As some pipes can have sharp ends/threads we recommend first working the opening of the Greenskin around the end of the pipe to prevent any possible snagging. Once the Greenskin is on the pipe, grab opposite ends of the building seal and slide it down the pipe. For larger pipe sizes it may be easier to slide it down the pipe by pushing near the centre of the Greenskin. The Greenskin is in place once it is flush with the back wall.
- Next, slide building paper underneath the bottom of the Greenskin and bring it up so that the paper is flush with the underside of the pipe.
- Now above the penetration, overlap Greenskin with building paper to provide water shed. The building paper will be placed on top of the Greenskin and an upside down ‘U-shaped’ cut will be made in the building paper to accommodate the pipe. This cut needs to be deep enough for the paper to meet the bottom of the Greenskin, thus ensuring a 4” overlap.
- The penetration has now been sealed without the use of caulking or tape.